“This hike is a unique hike that can be done easily on a day in Cusco. The hike is easy-challenging and can also be done by kids from an age of 8 years. The ruins of Inkilltambo has just been renovated and since the place is not popular yet, it is the perfect choice for those who look for a beautiful day hike through nature including Inca Architecture.”
All food on this tour is prepared mostly with local ingredients.
Day 1: Pick up at the hotel – hike to the Inkilltambo Ruins – Return to the hotel
Day Hike from Cusco to the Inkilltambo Archeaological Site
In the morning we take a 20-minute drive to the ruins of Tambomachay and Qenko. Optionally, we can visit both ruins before starting the hike (entrance tickets are not included).
In the morning, we get off the road and find ourselves in the middle of beautiful nature, surrounded by streams, eucalyptus trees, cacti and mountains. We hike for about 1.5 hours until we reach the rarely visited ruins of Inkilltambo. The Inca Palace has been painstakingly renovated and is one of the most beautiful archaeological sites in and around Cusco.
After a tour of the complex, we have a picnic in the nature. Strengthened we continue our excursion and we will observe how vegetation changes during our hike. After about 1.5 hours we pass the huge terrace rings of Kallachaka. Here we leave nature again and are brought back to the hotel by our driver.
- Private service; with English- or Spanish-speaking tour guide
- Transportation from/to your hotel
- 01 box lunch in the nature
- 24 hours’ emergency response phone number (Spanish / English)
- International & domestic airfares, unless specifically mentioned.
- Breakfast, dinner and drinks if not mentioned
- Optional entrance to Tambomachay and Qenqo Ruins (not necessary for the hike)
- Travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature such as gratuities, internet charges, excess baggage charges, laundry, beverages and meals not described in the itinerary.