Ica, Nazca & Ballestas Islands
• Discover the most spectacular of the Incan sites and one of the seven wonders of the world, Machu Picchu.
• You will feel on the top of the world!
• Explore Cusco, the Capital of the Incan Empire and discover its awe – inspiring streets and Pre-Hispanic buildings.
• Watch the Sunset on the Pacific Ocean in Lima and enjoy the city’s stunning architecture.
• Savor Peruvian cuisine, with its exquisite and unique flavors. It has been recognized around the world as some of the finest there is.
• Be dazzled by the unparalleled beauty of the Sacred Valley and its ancient Incan monuments and villages.
Day 1: Lima – Ica: Vineyards, Huacachina & Sand Buggies
Day 2: Ica – Nazca Lines Overflight – Paracas
Day 3: Paracas – Ballestas Islands – Lima
Lima – Ica: Vineyards, Huacachina & Sand Buggies
This morning, we have an early departure heading south along the Pan-American Highway to the valley of Ica located 186 m / 300 km south of Lima and surrounded by the endless sand dunes of the Ica desert.
Ica is well know for its warm and dry climate, perfect for cultivating grapes. We’ll make a short stop for a guided tour through an historical vineyard where world-class wine, as well as our famous Pisco liquor, is made. Afterwards, you will enjoy a traditional lunch highlighting the delights of southern peruvian cuisine.
We then leave for the natural lagoon of Huacachina, known as the Oasis of America.
Optional: From this beautiful landscape we go racing across the desert aboard powerful dune buggies, feeling all their speed and adrenaline. We will make stops along the giant dunes where you can go sandboarding, which is a lot like snowboarding only without the snow – it’s a marvelous, one-of-a-kind experience. After observing the sunset from the vastness of the desert we go back to Huacachina and relax in our charming hotel.
Ica – Nazca Lines Overflight – Paracas
You will start this amazing journey with a flight over the Nazca and Palpa Lines and gaze down at giant drawings of animals and geometric figures ranging up to 984 ft / 300 m in size. Some of them include: hummingbirds, spiders, monkeys, fish, sharks, orcas, and lizards, all etched on 84 square miles of desert plains. We will enjoy lunch at a traditional restaurant in the city of Nazca.
Paracas – Ballestas Islands – Lima
Today we will have an early rise and board a fully equipped speedboat departing from the Libertador Pier to the Ballestas Islands, also known as the little Galapagos because of the great variety of marine wildlife that inhabit them. En route, our boat stops to observe the “The Chandelier”, an enigmatic figure that can only be seen from the sea. You will explore caves and rock formations that have been carved by the sea and wind over time and will be able to observe sea lions, penguins, seagulls and a wide variety of marine fauna.
In the afternoon we will head to Lima.
- Hotel accommodations for 2 nights with breakfast.
- Private guided excursions as described in the itinerary.
- Bus tickets Lima – Ica and Paracas – Lima.
- Private transportation Ica – Nazca – Paracas.
- Nazca Lines overflight.
- Ballestas Islands tour by speed boat in shared service.
- All admission fees.
- 2 Lunches included.
- International & domestic airfares, unless specifically mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature such as gratuities, internet charges, excess baggage charges, laundry, beverages and meals not described in the itinerary.