Lake Titicaca in all its splendor
Day 1: Cusco – Puno: From Cusco to the Titicaca Lake
Day 2: Lake Titicaca: Uros – Taquile & Suasi Islands
Day 3: Suasi Island – Departure
• Watch the Sunset on the Pacific Ocean in Lima and enjoy the city’s stunning architecture.
• Explore Cusco, the Capital of the Incan Empire and discover its awe – inspiring streets and Pre-Hispanic buildings.
• Savor Peruvian cuisine, with its exquisite and unique flavors. It has been recognized around the world as some of the finest there is.
• Be dazzled by the unparalleled beauty of the Sacred Valley and its ancient Incan monuments and villages.
• Discover the most spectacular of the Incan sites and one of the seven wonders of the world, Machu Picchu.
• You will feel on the top of the world!
Cusco – Puno: From Cusco to the Titicaca Lake
Today we will embark on the most scenic trip of the Peruvian Andes!
On board a comfortable bus, we will pass different Andean villages, snow capped mountains, and herds of Llamas. Some of our stops include: Andahuaylillas, also known as the Sistine Chapel of America; Racchi, the ruins of a well known Inca Temple dedicated to the God Wiracocha and La Raya Pass, which is the highest point of the Peruvian Altiplano. We will have lunch at a traditional Andean restaurant before we arrive to Puno, the site of Lake Titicaca.
Lake Titicaca: Uros – Taquile & Suasi Islands
Today we will explore the world’s highest navigable lake, Titcaca, and explore its unique and breathtaking islands.
We will start by visiting the floating Islands of Uros. There are about 40 small islands made totally of totora, a natural reed that grows around the lake. The friendly island inhabitants will invite you to get to know their traditional lifestyle and customs.
Continuing our journey across the waters of the lake, we will arrive to Taquile Island, a quaint and picturesque place with a unique landscape due to the Incan terraces built around it. Here we will be able to learn ancestral weaving techniques from the locals…
Afterwards we will head to Suasi Island, one of lake’s most secluded and remote destinations. From every corner of this small island we can appreciate the vastness of the lake. The island is 106 acres and hosts the lovely Casa Andina Private Collection Hotel. The hotel has been built with local materials such as stone, adobe and totora reeds and has a charming and cozy rustic architecture.
Suasi Island is a fabulous spot to relax and enjoy its views, the restaurant’s gourmet food and the activities on offer, which range from canoeing around the island, to short hikes to lookouts during the day or at sunset, walking along the beach or just relaxing at the sauna or massage room.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Accommodations: Casa Andina Suasi Island
Suasi Island – Departure
In the morning we will enjoy breakfast with the breathtaking views of Lake Titicaca. As an optional activity this morning, we can choose some of the activities the hotel offers for us, such as canoeing or hiking, before our departure to the Airport at noon. We will be transferred by speed boat from Suasi Island to the port and then to Juliaca airport in a private transportation.
- Hotel accommodations for 2 nights with breakfast, as described in the itinerary.
- Private transportations Bus station / hotel / airport.
- Lake Titicaca excursions in shared service.
- Panoramic bus tickets: Cusco – Puno.
- All admission fees.
- 2 Lunches included.
- 1 Dinner included.
- International & domestic airfares, unless specifically mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature such as gratuities, internet charges, excess baggage charges, laundry, beverages and meals not described in the itinerary.