Puerto Maldonado &
• Discover the most spectacular of the Incan sites and one of the seven wonders of the world, Machu Picchu.
• You will feel on the top of the world!
• Explore Cusco, the Capital of the Incan Empire and discover its awe – inspiring streets and Pre-Hispanic buildings.
• Watch the Sunset on the Pacific Ocean in Lima and enjoy the city’s stunning architecture.
• Savor Peruvian cuisine, with its exquisite and unique flavors. It has been recognized around the world as some of the finest there is.
• Be dazzled by the unparalleled beauty of the Sacred Valley and its ancient Incan monuments and villages.
Day 1: Puerto Maldonado Arrival
Day 2: Puerto Maldonado
Day 3: Puerto Maldonado Departure
Puerto Maldonado Arrival
In Puerto Maldonado, you will be welcomed by our representative.
You will start this rainforest adventure by boarding a motorized canoe along the Madre de Dios River to the Inkaterra Hacienda Concepción. Here, you will enjoy a traditional lunch with organic ingredients from the region.
In the afternoon, you will take a walk through the Concepcion Trails, an immersive tour of the jungle and learn about its particular flora and fauna as well as its uses for the native communities. At dusk, you will enjoy a Twilight River excursion via motorized canoe on the Madre de Dios River. You will be able to learn about its ecosystem, Amazonian creeks, and nocturnal animal behavior.
Today get ready for a full on Amazon experience! You will start with a trek into the Tambopata National Reserve towards Lake Sandoval. Here you will understand why Madre de Dios is the biodiversity capital of Peru. You will navigate by dugout canoe across this mirror-like oxbow lake that is home to the endangered giant river otter, blue and yellow macaw, red howler monkey, black caiman, and one of the world’s biggest fresh water scaled fish, the paiche.
After lunch, we will start the famous Inkaterra Canopy & Anaconda Walk. A 20-minute boat ride will take us to the Inkaterra interpretation center, where we will ascend a 98-foot (30-meters) tower and cross the 7 hanging bridges that connect the treetops, more than 90 feet in the air! From here, we will have the most breathtaking vistas and get the chance to watch white-throated toucans, woodpeckers, trogons, squirrel monkeys, and other beautiful, exotic animals. After descending, we will keep going along the 656 ft / 200 m wooden bridge over the swamps.
In the evening, we can either take it easy or go on a Hidden Rainforest Excursion, where you will explore the Amazon rainforest that gives way to nocturnal animals with fascinating behavioral patterns and enhanced senses they have adapted to survive in this unique environment.
Puerto Maldonado Departure
After breakfast, you will embark on a boat ride back to Puerto Maldonado, where you will be transferred to the airport to catch your flight to your next destination…
- Hotel accommodations for 2 nights with breakfast.
- Private guided excursions as described in the itinerary.
- Guided Amazon Excursions in shared service.
- All admission fees..
- 2 Lunches included.
- 2 Dinners included.
- International & domestic airfares, unless specifically mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature such as gratuities, internet charges, excess baggage charges, laundry, beverages and meals not described in the itinerary.