Lima & Around
• Watch the Sunset on the Pacific Ocean in Lima and enjoy the city’s stunning architecture.
• Savor Peruvian cuisine, with its exquisite and unique flavors. It has been recognized around the world as some of the finest there is.
• You will feel on the top of the world!
Day 1: Lima: City Tour, Lunch & Barranco
Day 2: Pachacamac – Peruvian Paso Horse Show & Lunch
Lima: City Tour, Lunch & Barranco
Get ready to explore Lima to the full extent. Our tour starts in the morning with a visit to the Historic Downtown. First, you will stop off at the Main Square, where you will walk through its most important streets and observe its architectural monuments like the Cathedral and the Government Palace. Afterwards, you will head to San Francisco Convent and its renowned catacombs. Lunch will be at a traditional Peruvian restaurant where you will enjoy classic Peruvian cuisine, as well as learn how to prepare a Pisco Sour, Peru ́s signature drink.
You will complete your tour of Lima with a visit to the Bohemian neighborhood of Barranco, a neighborhood called home by countless artists, photographers, and authors. Walk along beautiful streets lined with Republican houses, admire the splendid views, and visit the Puente de los Suspiros (Bridge of Sighs), the source of inspiration for one of Peru’s great composers, Chabuca Granda.
Pachacamac – Peruvian Paso Horse Show & Lunch
Today, you will venture out of the city and into the sprawling valley of the Lurin River to see the Pachacamac Complex. This incredible site was built to commemorate the god Pacha Kamaq. It is where thousands of pilgrims would converge to pay tribute to this oracle, said to see the past and future fate of all people. The air is scented with dry earth an sporadic spritzes of the ocean breeze. We will explore the Pachacamac above and below the ground.
Afterwards, we will enjoy a traditional Peruvian lunch at “Casa Hacienda Peruana.” In its beautiful gardens, we will introduce you to the world of the Peruvian Paso horse, learning the story of this noble animal. Our exhibition includes elegant “chalanes” (Peruvian horse riders) riding beautiful horses.
Optional: Larco Museum. In the afternoon we will discover the largest and most impressive pre-columbian art collection in the world. Located in an 18th century vice-royal mansion, its new galleries display the best and most complete collection of gold and silver of Peru together with its famous collection of erotic pottery.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
- Hotel accommodations for 1 night with breakfast, as described in the itinerary.
- City tour in private service.
- Pachacamac Complex Tour & Caballo de Paso show in shared service.
- 2 Lunches included.
- All admission fees.
- International & domestic airfares, unless specifically mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature such as gratuities, internet charges, excess baggage charges, laundry, beverages and meals not described in the itinerary.