Pumamarca Day Trek
• Discover the most spectacular of the Incan sites and one of the seven wonders of the world, Machu Picchu.
• You will feel on the top of the world!
• Explore Cusco, the Capital of the Incan Empire and discover its awe – inspiring streets and Pre-Hispanic buildings.
• Watch the Sunset on the Pacific Ocean in Lima and enjoy the city’s stunning architecture.
• Savor Peruvian cuisine, with its exquisite and unique flavors. It has been recognized around the world as some of the finest there is.
• Be dazzled by the unparalleled beauty of the Sacred Valley and its ancient Incan monuments and villages.
Day 1: Pumamarca- Arriving to the Ruins
Day 2: Pumamarca- The Descent
Pumamarca- Arriving to the Ruins
We will pick you up from your hotel at 6:00 am to drive just outside of the town of Ollantaytambo in order to start this trek that is off the beaten path. We start with a gradual climb on an old dirt trail passing native flora and fauna arriving to the weaving community of Huilloc. You will have a chance here to see the artesans at work and experience their traditional community and way of life. Just the peace and tranquility getting to this place is worth the walk.
From here we will make our way to the ruins. They are well preserved and have incredible views of the valley near Ollantaytambo. You will have time to explore these rarely visited ruins with your guide and on your own. Your certified guide will be able to fill in any details and share knowledge about these ruins.
We will have lunch here and take a rest before we continue on to the rest of the minor ruins and eventually make our way to the town on to Ollantaytambo.
Pumamarca- The Descent
The ancient Inca trail follows an impressive aqueduct down to the town of Ollantaytambo. There are extensive terraced ruins as you zigzag down the trail.
Upon arrival to Ollantaytambo, you can stay the night and explore its many excellent restaurants and bars, return to Cusco or catch the train to Machu Picchu.
Depending on the group, you will have plenty of time to also explore the ruins of Ollantaytambo in the afternoon and outside of peak hours when it can be quite heavily trafficked before making your way to your next destination.
Price per person:
$ —- (based on 2 people)
- Expert/Certified English speaking guide.
- Private transportation. (Pick up and drop off from hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley)
- Private guided excursion as described in the itinerary.
- Entrances to the ruin site.
- Box Lunch and snack.
- Travel insurance.
- Items of personal nature such as gratuities, internet charges, excess baggage charges, laundry, beverages and meals not described in the itinerary.